Wednesday 9 December 2009

RHYS ON ELMCROFT

When Elmcroft first approached me to illustrate his books I was at once flattered, excited and terrified. Flattered because I find his writing to be almost simultaneously wonderful, profound, insightful, moving, imaginative and nauseating, excited because I could see the potential for my career to blossom with such a collaboration and terrified because I happened to be in the bath at the time and under the impression that I'd locked all appropriate doors and windows.

Working with him has become something of a nightmarish/joyful habit and at times I find it quite hard to remember life without him whilst at others I'd be more than happy to return to to those halcyon, cuckoo clock days.

I feel as though I've known him all my life, and perhaps I have, but whilst we have our ups and downs, overall I'm glad he disturbed my ablutions all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment