Friday 29 January 2010







BRILLUSTRATORS' PROJECT: "WE FEEL FINE" (STRONG LANGUAGE WARNING!)

The latest Brillustrator project required us to visit "We Feel Fine", a website containing phrases and sentences relating to emotions that have been harvested from blogs the world over. Our task was to choose a piece that fired our imagination and to illustrate it one or more images.
As is probably apparent to anyone looking at these pictures, I've had personal experience of depression and as I trawled the website I kept noticing related statements and so it just seemed the obvious or even necessary route to take. I found it quite emotionally difficult to do this, but ultimately it has been something of a release; enabling me to express, understand and perhaps exorcise feelings that have been festering for a long time.
The aim for me was to show just how debilitating my depression was and how viciously unpleasant and unforgiving my "inner bully" could be, hence the strong language!
I'm feeling a lot better now, by the way, I might even go so far as to say that I feel fine!
Antidepressants, Brillustrators and Dr McG be praised...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. It's not easy and I commend you for "going there". I think the illustrations capture the mood entirely. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete